Employees succeed (Hermanus Times)
Article as appeared in the Hermanus Times - 1 January 2010
At the seventh Abagold ABET (Adult Basic Education and Training) certificate ceremony on Thursday, 10 December, nine learners received certificates. Leonoré Steneveldt, obtained a level 4 certificate in English communication. Four learners obtained their first certificates.
Abagold staff attended several other training courses recently and also received their certificates at the company’s graduation function on Thursday.
- The basic leadership programme which equips learners to manage and lead people with success.
- The self management programme which equips learners with the knowledge and skills to make ethical and effective decisions in all areas of their lives.
- The Introduction to Occupational Safety, Health and Environment helps learners to understand the active role that the employees must take in reducing and controlling day-to-day operational safety, health and environmental risks at work.
- Two section managers, Travor Deez and Beauty Mgwedane, attended and successfully completed a one-week Aquaculture Technical Skills course presented by the Aquaculture Institute of South Africa in collaboration with the Worldwide Fund for Nature (WWF).
- Farm Manager, Ralph Jansen, successfully completed a computer literacy course presented by Overstrand Training Institute (OTI).
The aquaculture and computer literacy training graduates are, front from left:
Travor Deez (Aquaculture Training), Beauty Mgwedane (Aquaculture Training) and Ralph Jansen (Computer Literacy). Back from left: Christo du Plessis (Managing Director), Dr Pierre Hugo (Executive Director) and Mynhardt van Dyk (Training Manager)
Abet graduates front left: Nkosemtu Gwazela, Jasmine Abrahams, Shereen Petersen, Ernestine Faro, Leonoré Steneveldt, Shaun Terrey. Back from left: Christo du Plessis (MD), Lwazi Mhlakaza, Charlton Esau, Sylvester Nyabasa (Facilitator), Francois de Mellion (National Project Manager – Media Works) and Mynhardt van Dyk (Training Manager)
Leadership, Management and Occupational Safety, Health and Environment Training graduates include, front from left: Nomacebo Zenzile, Thando Xwantini, Janodien Swarts, Nomzamo Memani, Gurschwon September, Ernestine Faro, Funeka Zwelinjani, Zixolele Matiwane, Sizwe Gwazela. Back from left: Christo du Plessis (Managing Director), Evan May, Sithembiso Komani, Daniel Dyantyi, Albert Oosthuizen, Vuyani Wogqoyi, Richard Adonis, Mynhardt van Dyk (Training Manager)