Please click on the following links to download the statements in PDF format:
2013 Audited Results
Performance and results during 2013
The past year has been another eventful year and much was achieved in reaching our strategic objectives. Some highlights are included below:
- Revenue up by 10% to R71 million and net profit before tax 31% higher.
- Record growth of 310t is recorded (29% higher than 2012).
- Total tonnage on the farms increase by 19% to reach 474t.
- Admin staff move into the newly built Head Office on the Sulamanzi site and Sea View staff facilities are expanded and upgraded.
- Increase in live weight sold during the year from 205 tons to 207 tons in 2013.
- Newly developed Sulamanzi farm reaches 11,500 baskets and houses 50t.
- Our hatchery produces a record 4.3 million spats (in 2012, 3.6 million) and sell excess spats to the value of R2.1m (in 2012, R1.1 million).
- Abagold becomes self-sufficient in the manufacturing of its artificial feed needs producing 30t per month.
- The lease and environmental approval is obtained for the construction of its Wave Energy Converter.
- Conversion of farms to the new water reticulation and filtration system commences.
- Abagold wins inaugural South African Premier Business award for Exporter of the year 2013.
- Abagold wins Cape Chamber of Commerce Innovation Award.
Kindly contact Abagold should you wish to obtain more information about the company or wish to receive a copy of the full Integrated Report 2013.